Grabbing our long-stemmed forks and poking them into marshmallows, strawberries, wafer biscuits and cake pops, are some of the tits – bits that we have already tasted with the warm pot of chocolate sauce, haven’t we?
These food and snacks items are matured and old – fashioned. How about we look at some of the other interesting snacks that you could try at your next fondue party?
Be it a brunch get-together, a baby shower, a bachelorette or a quiet date night with your loved one at home, these food items will definitely tickle everyone’s sweet tooth.
Chocolate Fondue Dip Bite Ideas:
- Cheese cubes: Shocked? Don’t be.. This is sure to become your favorite and most loved bite at the party too. When the cheese cube is picked by the fork and dipped into the hot chocolate sauce, you can only imagine what a sight that will be. The cheese is going to melt lightly and the gooey taste of the cheese and chocolate is going to be a ‘treat’ to relish..
- Fresh Figs: Did you think only strawberries, bananas and apples will make great fondue dip cubes? Well, supposedly not. Fresh figs and warm chocolate can be a great combination! Try it to believe it.
- Ice Cream Balls: We are not kidding. Not one bit. Use melon scoops to fill a small bowl with ice cream balls. Now have these balls as bites with your chocolate fondue. You are welcome.
- Oreo Cookies: Wafers are boring and something that most of your guests would have already tried. Take it a notch higher and bring out those Oreo biscuits that are lying in your kitchen cabinets. We have all dunked them into milk, now it’s time to dunk them into melted hot chocolate. You are giving this a shot, aren’t you?
- Tortilla Chips: Ahaa! We caught your attention, didn’t we? Yes, these make great dip bites too. It would be a cherry on the cake if you got your hands on the cinnamon flavored ones. If you haven’t, no worries. We have a quick recipe for you:
Ingredients: For 8 tortillas
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 Tbsp. Cooking Oil
- ¾ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Mix all ingredients together
- Knead all the ingredients together and make it into a smooth dough
- Let it rest for 10 minutes
- Make small balls of the dough and roll out about 7-8’circle
- Cut them like you would do to a pizza
- Put them on a baking tray and bake them until light brown and crisp
For the final touch, sprinkle some sugar and cinnamon powder. Your tortilla chip is ready to be served with the chocolate fondue.
It is easy to copy the age-old trend of serving the conventional dip bites. But why should you do something like that when there are loads of options for you to try and experiment. During your next visit to the supermarket, just walk through the aisles and we are sure that you too could add more to this list of Interesting, fun and new dip bites for Chocolate Fondue.
If you have liked these ideas and/or would like to add in some of your own suggestions, comment in the section below. We would love to hear from you.